Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
With holiday celebration firmly underway, I thought it would be good to share some of our favorite holiday happenings from now until the New Year celebration.
There is a good chance that you will likely find us at one of these awesome events…
1) Holiday Craft Fairs – always a great way to find unique gifts for your family and friends! Our favorites are:
Cherrywood Art Fair – 12/7 to 12/8/19 – see: https://chulaleague.org/cherrywood-art-fair/home/
Blue Genie Art Bazaar – 11/22 to 12/24/19 – see: https://bluegenieartbazaar.com/
Armadillo Christmas Bazaar – 12/13 to 12/14/19 – see: https://www.armadillobazaar.com/
2) “A Christmas Carol” at Zach Scott Theatre – 11/20 through 12/29/19 – Enjoy a modernized twist on the classic tale of Ebenezer Scrooge and the Ghosts of Christmas’ past, present, and future. Good tickets still available here!
3) Tuba Christmas – Monday, 12/23/19, Noon – Listen to a unique performance of ~200 tubas and other low brass instruments playing some of your favorite holiday standards on the steps of the State Capitol. Performance details here: http://www.tubachristmas.com/readtcloc.php?TCState=TX&TCCity=Austin
4) Capitol Tree Lighting and Carols – Saturday, 12/7, 5PM – KUT sponsors a great sing-along and tree lighting at the State Capitol grounds. See: https://www.kut.org/post/join-us-holiday-sing-along-tree-lighting-and-downtown-stroll-saturday-dec-7
5) Georgetown’s Downtown Holiday Stroll – Friday, 12/6 and Saturday, 12/8 – The 39th Annual event promises to highlight the “prettiest town square” in all of Texas with the music and glad tidings with some fun shopping in downtown Georgetown. See: https://visit.georgetown.org/christmas-stroll/
6) Zilker Holiday Tree – Sunday, 12/1/19 through Wednesday, 1/1/20 – The 155′ Zilker tree will be lit for the first time on Sunday, 12/1, at 5:30PM and you can enjoy it for the entire month of December. Don’t forget to spin under the center while looking up for a true Austin experience. Details: https://www.austintexas.gov/zilkerholidaytree
7) Zilker Trail of Lights – 12/10 through 12/23/19 – Tickets are now required for this event and I’ll suggest that you bundle your parking with it. This is a classic holiday tradition that we think is worth every penny! See: https://austintrailoflights.org/
I appreciate your time and consideration and if you have another suggestion for my readers, please share them with me! Thanks for everything you do and Happy Holidays!
Steve Kupec, Realtor®, ABR®, RSPS
Avalar Austin, TREC Licensee#: 617385